Welcome to the #WriCha page. #WriCha is a writing challenge set for a handful of selected authors.
Throughout July the stories produced by the participants will be published on my blog, and also on this page.
Stories of 2012:
The Hunted - Jessica Wentz
The Island - Jean Booth
The lawn guy is coming on Thursday - Reggie Scott Whitley
Do Not Open - Claire Smith
Secret Diaries - Charlotte Blackwell
Pulse - Carlyle Labuschagne
The Perfect Stranger - Zoe Harrington
What participants have to do:
- They have until July 1st to write a short story between 2,000-5,000 words (including) using one of ten prompts I provide
- The deadline for sending the final product is June 30th at midnight
- More than one writer can choose the same prompt (two max per prompt)
- They must write at least 100 words a day (Every other day if they must)
- They have to give me a weekly update on progress so that you guys can keep track of the fun!
- Each piece will be posted on my Blog first but can be posted on their own from July 25th onwards
- All writers involved will receive promotion from me on any social platforms I use
Of course, you can promote them too!
Towards the end of July I will host a mass give away as the finale. It will include e-books from an array of authors. All I ask is that you comment below and tell me if you like Rafflecopter giveaways? I know some people don't like them and I want to go with the majority.
How can you follow #WriCha?
I may be making this a yearly meme; so show your support and like/comment/follow. If all goes well I may even have bigger plans for #WriCha... ;-)
The #WriCha 'blog badge'
Below is the badge that represents #WriCha. You can also copy & paste the HTML underneath to display on your own blog or site:
<a href="http://www.zoe-harrington.blogspot.co.uk" target="_blank"><img src="http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o571/Zoe-Harrington/WriChaBadge.jpg" border="0" alt="WriCha at Zoe's Corner"></a>