Monday, 23 July 2012

Interview: H.K Taylor


Another post for today - this time an interview. H.K. Taylor is a young man with an exceptional amount of ambition and drive. He may be new to the writing scene, but he sure is here to stay. This also happens to be the first interview he has done, so it's a privilege to have him here as a first-timer. You can follow him on twitter, where his username is @hajitaylor

Me: Tell us about yourself.
Haji: My name is Haji Taylor, pen name H.K. Taylor, I am seventeen, soon to be eighteen, and my dream is to write for the rest of my life, I want no other career. I was born with Cerebral Palsy and I also had a stroke. Those obstacles have only made me more determined to follow my dream.

Me: You haven't always written, what were your ambitions before you decided to pursue writing?

Haji: Before I pursued writing, I had dreams of being a wrestler, doctor, journalist, and broadcaster. Then the night when I laid down and wrote Heat was a godsend. I’ve been getting ideas for new books on a daily basis.

Me: What inspired you to write your novel, Heat?
Haji:The inspiration came from me always reading and thinking to myself, hey, maybe I should give writing a shot. After that, 17 days later, I'd written my first book.

Me: Did you enjoy writing it?
Haji: Enjoy writing it? No I loved it! I wanted to step into my book and marry Jaime and just hang out with the guys. I was sad with the events that happen, as I'm sure my audience will be as well. Heat became my life - something I thank god, and my creativity for.

Me: Could you tell us about the vampire-romance series you're currently working on?
Haji: It will consist of 5 books; the first one is titled Danger. It tells the story of Shayne and Audri. Shayne's family gets taken and wrongly accused of a crime they didn't commit. Shayne has to do everything in his power to keep them alive, but first he has to get through Audri which I can assure all it won't be easy.

Me: You were born with CP (Cerebral Palsy). What was life like whilst you were growing up?
Haji: Being born with Cerebral Palsy has, and always will, keep me from sports. Pro wrestling and MMA were my dreams, but going through life we learn god has a plan for the obstacles we face. I wanted so much to just die, every night thinking why me but know I realize I wouldn't be who I am without it. Does that seem weird?

Me: Are there any authors/books that have inspired you?
Haji: As far as authors and books that inspire me. Be prepared this is a list:

J.K. Rowling, a phenomenal story teller and author of HP books 1-7
Stephanie Meyer, a great story teller.
Nicole Hill; she has provided me with support and I've learned a lot - very insightful woman. I loved legacy Forgotten.
All of the Indie authors who habe helped me in getting this far, I am greatly humbled.


Me: Do you have any advice you'd like to give fellow writers?
Haji: I can't say I have advice for the established fellow writers I have been blessed to come in contact with; I'm learning now and want to continue to learn from them. For aspiring authors -  keep up the hard work stay motivated.

Quick-fire questions:

Me: Fork or Spoon?
Haji: Spoon
Me: Dinner or Dessert? 
Haji: Desert
Me: Summer or winter?
Haji: Summer (No school.)
Me: Vampire or Werewolf?
Haji: Vampires (They Kick a$$)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts and responses as comments.

Come on, I won't bite! ^_~