So, I promised something special in July to make up for my absence in the next two months. I wracked my brains and came across something that had been sitting there for a while. An idea involving prompts. That's all it was. Not any more! I opened a word document and started writing prompts, then I limited the amount to 10 and started some bullet points on what my 'big gift' would entail.
#WriCha was born!
If you haven't already noticed,
WriCha is Writing Challenge. Yes...I was that original.
So, what is #WriCha?
#WriCha is the following:
- They have until July 1st to write a short story between 2,000-5,000 words (including) using one of ten prompts I provide
- The deadline for sending the final product is June 30th at midnight
- More than one writer can choose the same prompt (two max per prompt)
- They must write at least 100 words a day (Every other day if they must)
- They have to give me a weekly update on progress so that you guys can keep track of the fun!
- Each piece will be posted on my Blog first but can be posted on their own from July 25th onwards
- All writers involved will receive promotion from me on any social platforms I use
Of course, you can promote them too!
Towards the end of July I will host a mass give away as the finale. It will include e-books from an array of authors. All I ask is that you comment below and tell me if you like Rafflecopter giveaways? I know some people don't like them and I want to go with the majority.
This is the list of current participants:
- Claire Smith
- Reggie Scott Whitley
- Jean Booth
- Jessica Wentz
- Charlotte Blackwell
- Carlyle Labuschagne
- Timony Souler
I have a few borderline yeses to clear up before I add any more! They will be added to this list if they're participating so check back every so often.
As I said, they will give me weekly updates so 'like' the facebook page or follow me on twitter to keep updated. You can also track the #WriCha hashtag on twitter to see any updates/tweets from the writers themselves!
I may be making this a yearly meme; so show your support and like/comment/follow. If all goes well I may even have bigger plans for #WriCha... ;-)
Don't forget to comment!
Enjoy your week!