Monday, 2 January 2012

Reflections: Another year gone by.

Well, Happy New Year folks!

I bet you're already sick of hearing those three words? Ah, well, I promise not to say them again.

The point of this particular post is to look back at 2011 and pick out what changed in your life; the negative and the positive.


 So, What happened in your 2011?

Seen as you can't answer me right now- whilst i'm still writing this- I'll go ahead and pick out a few things from my year.


Hmm, bad points (I'll do good points last to end on a high note!) 
  • Within the first few days some guy confessed his love for me. I, being the age I am, freaked out at this fact. Hey, I'd hardly ever spoken to him before in my life! That really puts a downer on the start of a new year.
  • My somewhat solid group of friends fell apart all around me. I couldn't tell you why; I actually don't know why. It had nothing to do with me- I stayed out of the way. Although, looking back, I'm not sure that was the best thing to do. I guess it was inevitable, certain people can't help backstabbing others and thats what it came to. Ah, it sucks. At least some of them are still easy to talk to!
  • My Grandma got poorly. For 67, she was doing ok. But since then, she hasn't looked quite like she used to. *Fingers crossed* that she'll still be with us for another couple of years at least.
Now, the good points!
  • I contributed to the Lifestyle project which was awesome because it re-kindled my love of helping others. I raised money for the Brake charity and met some fantastic people who work in the local charity shops. I'll definitely be doing more of that from now on.
  • 2011 was the year of self-realisation. You could ask most people- particularly teenagers- and they'll say the same. I discovered more confidence, I got the courage to speak up more and I began to understand what i'm like. Of course, understanding yourself better makes you happier. 
  • Finally, the happiest highlight of 2011 was this. My blog. My Twitter pals. Or, if you were more specific, being welcomed into the writing community. Since I was a little girl i've scribbled and written things. But, in 2011, I finally got a blog put together and I made it work. Of course this is a running progress but i've already achieved a good amount. Last year I got Twitter for the first time. I remember one of my first followers was writer Blaire Kensley. I had no idea why she followed me but we got talking and I found out how amazing she is. You don't know it Blaire but you were the reason I first got blogspot/blogger. Sure, i'd tried before but this time it worked. I tried to model my blog like Blaire's (Unsuccessfully) but it's completely different now; and I like it. As 2011 flew by I got more involved with Twitter and Authonomy and met knew people- more specifically Writers. For the first time in my life I was surrounded by people who shared my love for books. Thanks guys!
That was my year. It wasn't really bad and it wasn't out-of-this-world amazing (well, it nearly was!) So, I ask again, What was your 2011 like? What happened?
I hope your 2012 is even better!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts and responses as comments.

Come on, I won't bite! ^_~